Friday, May 29, 2015

GROWING YOUNG

  Here, in my little town, we had our first wine festival on Saturday. There was a great turn out, and all in all, I'd say it was quite successful.
  My husband and I were sitting, listening to one of the bands, when I noticed a woman on the front row. She had to have been 75, if not older. The woman was very thin, and wore long, gray hair past her shoulders, while her tattooed, and bangled arms swayed to jazz music. She was wearing a maxi skirt, with hot pink Crocs, and a kitten t-shirt proclaiming, You Have To Have Cattitude! She was full of Cattitude, and maybe a little wine, as well.
 The longer I watched, the more I came to see myself in her. I don't believe she felt like the person we were seeing. In her mind, the old woman was a beautiful flower child, just loving life and the music it brings. And, like me, the mirror is not a reflection of her soul.

 When people use the term, Old Soul, it always sounds like a compliment. But, not really knowing what it meant, I turned to Google. Apparently, an old soul is someone who is mature, reserved, wise, and a loner. In other words, a big drag.

  I prefer to be a Young Soul. I want to listen to the music I've always loved, and wear clothes that make me happy. I care less, all the time, what other people think, and I don't mind solitude, but would rather be with a friend.
 Being mature, wise and reserved, is great for traffic court. But for now, let's dance.





   

No comments: