Monday, June 29, 2015

WHAT I LEARNED ON THE WAY TO THE NURSING HOME

    Remember when you were a child, and it seemed like an eternity until your next birthday? Remember how you were so excited to be a year older? You even went so far as to state your age in fractions. You would say, I'm six and a half, or ten and three quarters. It was the only interest I ever had in learning fractions.

 Now days, those birthdays sneak up on me, and I can hardly believe another year is gone. I don't feel older. I still have the same taste in music and clothes. And, I have friends who are young enough to be my kids, so I sort of forget that I am older. Just imagine my shock, as I pass a mirror.

 I know I was quite the mess, in my youth. I smoked so much weed, and burned so many bridges, I must still smell like smoke. So, I don't miss the immature, bratty natured me. And, in later years........ well, lets just say, I don't miss the hormones, and leave it at that. The only thing I do miss is, my metabolism. Oh metabolism, what fun we had, never paying the price.

 I have learned something in my many, many years here on planet Earth. Now, pay attention, because this is important, kids.
 The only way to be truly happy, is to allow others to be happy.
 I'm not saying to be a doormat. I'm saying, if your husband wants to cook dinner, usually something your fragile metabolism can't handle, and use every pot and pan in the house, let him. Then, if he says he will clean the kitchen, let him. You can clean it up right, later on, and all will live in peace.
  Let your brother think he has won a debate. He will stop talking and you both will be happy. Chances are, unless one of you is Prime Minister of some country, your opinions don't matter, anyway.

  This is my best advice for life. Now, to quote Forest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that".


 

No comments: