Monday, June 1, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMA

  Happy birthday, Momma.

 If you were here today, maybe I would pick you a bouquet of flowers, from Miss Beulah's yard. You would probably put them in a Mason jar, on the TV, then look embarrassed when Miss Beulah comes over to see you.

Or maybe I would bake you a birthday cake. Chocolate, because it's my favorite. You'll have to give me the recipe, which you know from memory. You can call out the ingredients, from the living room, where you are trying to watch your "stories". Maybe this time I'll write the recipe down, before it's lost forever.

 When your soaps have ended for the day, I'll find a guitar, (there is always a guitar in our house), and persuade you to teach me another song. But, you know when my brothers come in from playing outside, it will get loud. We will laugh at the crazy song lyrics Steve makes up, until you declare the music lesson over.

 Maybe after supper, we'll get Ivy, and go to Joel's Little League game. We'll be hot and sticky, and mosquito bitten, but we'll just have the best time.......
Sounds like a pretty great birthday, doesn't it, Momma?

Still missing you
Love, Sheila
     

No comments: