Thursday, July 9, 2015

YOU CAN'T IMAGINE HOW LITTLE I CARE



  They were watching the Wendy Williams show, this morning, at the salon where I was getting a pedicure. I don't watch this show, but it seems to revolve around celebrity gossip and, Wendy's opinion of those celebrities. An audience member even asked her advice about a married friend, sleeping with her x. Wendy's advice, squeal like a pig, sing like a bird. Wendy may have gotten someone killed, today.

 As I watched, I began to wonder, why is this entertainment? Are people really that bored?

 Think about it. If you were standing in a grocery store, and a toddler started throwing a fit, you would walk away as fast as you could. But if some big star throws a fit in that same store, you'll watch it a hundred times on YouTube, and tweet it to all your friends. All we are doing, is giving that celebrity the attention, for which, like the screaming toddler, they are begging.

 Why do we care?
 If some little girl, I've never heard of, is overheard telling her friends how much she hates Americans for eating doughnuts, has it changed my life? No. I haven't had a doughnut in three years, so she can kiss my pale American.....foot.

Yes, it's sad that I can remember my last doughnut.
 I bet Kim Kardashian can remember her last doughnut. She probably took a selfie.
















 

No comments: